Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sentimental Bat.






Sometime last year I got really depressed, I remember it was a bad week after a string of disappointments. Then I started listening to Nina Simone and as I was listening to her, I realized that her music was like having someone listen to your problems without being judgmental. I like the range of songs she has, you have songs like 'Mr. Bojangles' where you feel like she's right there with you in your misery and then suddenly she breaks out with a beautiful rendition of 'Suzanne' to cheer you up. Of course there's so much more music that I'm really grateful for right now I'm listening to Lambchop, earlier in the day it was Johnny Cash's late albums, their great! I do feel that music like this has a common goal with the comics I read and create. 



- Fatcrumb