Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Buzz Street.


Standing naked,
Standing pink-eyed in the sun,
Standing with
The clothed,
Bearing down.

On a busy street,
Let me catch my bearings.
Let me arrive
On time,
Definitely
On time,
I must,
Be on time,
Even if,
A little undone.

This Holy fuzz,
Is telling me funny things about the weather.

A million hits
For a million faceless kisses.
Tricks,
Playing in the sun.
Let me soak in all of this,
Before my memory comes undone.

The Holy Fuzz,
Is telling me strange things about the weather.

Talk about the weather,
Talk about disease,
Talk about a feather.

In the sizzling heat, they run out of things to say.
In a blizzard, they run out of things to say.

 “Quickly,
Change the channel.”
Someone says.
“Or amuse yourself,
With a balloon.”

On a placard the phrases read:

Triple the employment.
Triple the Experience.

The Holy Fuzz is getting too abstract,
Its breath is foul,
And now,
It’s tripping over
The triplets of employment,
On a busy street,
That I am crossing,
A little undone,
And hopefully,
Very much in the nude.


Done on a busy day, 18th of March. Jeremy gave a talk at CC (Scape). It was great! The kids I was teaching were difficult, but one or two were affected by the experience, and one or two is enough. They could be great artists in the future, who knows? I’ll keep hoping. Strangely, felt teary eyed all day. Remember feeling very disconnected with the reality of Orchard Road. I always feel a little disconnected there, a little strung-up. But Art helps a lot.